quality@glassfish.java.net

Odd, odd admin console bug

From: Laird Nelson <ljnelson_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 16:13:30 -0500

I don't know if this is just my machine and I can't afford to have it die
again, so could others please try this little sequence, particularly those
on MacBooks?

   1. Install build 28.
   2. Go to the Update Tools (or Update Center, whatever it's called) item
   at the bottom of the left nav tree.
   3. (I browsed around in the first tab that came up.)
   4. Click the Available Updates tab
   5. In my case, the Processing... lightbox came up and hung there. The
   log file was clean.

Then--and here's the bizarre part--I reloaded http://localhost:4848 in that
same browser tab, and my Mac crashed. Which has never happened before. :-)

Firefox 3.6.12. The crash seemed to my uneducated eyes to be graphics
related: it was preceded by a slow graying of the entire screen. I'm
suspecting that the lightbox had something to do with it.

I've filed a bug on this, of course, but I want to see if it's reproducible
outside of my machine.

Thanks,
Laird