quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: Deployment of our JEE 5 app on GFv3.1

From: Wouter van Reeven <wouter_at_van.reeven.nl>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 13:13:33 +0100

Hi Richard,

Please come and join us on our project. We need more hands :-)

Anyway, thanks for trying out. Like I said, I will create a project that
demonstrates the behaviour.

Thanks, Wouter

On Tue, Nov 02, 2010 at 01:52:50PM +0200, Richard Kolb wrote:
> Hi Wouter
>
> Yes, I was bored :)
> I created a Maven Entities maven project
> Then a EAR with EJB and WEB. The persistence.xml is in the EJB
> I then use the PU in a EJB session bean, and it deploys.
>
> Maybe you do something else ?
> You can just butcher these projects to simulate what you are doing.
>
> regards
> Richard.
>

> On 2 November 2010 12:39, Wouter van Reeven <wouter_at_van.reeven.nl> wrote:
>
> Hi Richard,
>
> On Tue, Nov 02, 2010 at 12:35:16PM +0200, Richard Kolb wrote:
> > Weird...
> > Are you using Maven to build your EAR ?
>
> I am.
>
> > If not, can you send your application.xml
>
> Well, Maven generates an application.xml file:
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <application xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee" xmlns:xsi="http://
> www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com
> /xml/ns/javaee http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/application_5.xsd" version
> ="5">
> <display-name>my-ear</display-name>
> <module>
> <web>
> <web-uri>my-web.war</web-uri>
> <context-root>/my</context-root>
> </web>
> </module>
> <module>
> <ejb>my-ejb.jar</ejb>
> </module>
> <module>
> <ejb>my-ws.jar</ejb>
> </module>
> </application>
>
> Besides these module artifacts there are several jar files in the EAR
> that are needed for the application. It looks like these jars aren't
> loaded properly.
>
> Thanks, Wouter
>
> --
> It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
> [Professor Dumbledore in Harry Potter and the Philospher's Stone]
>
> Skype: wvreeven
> Facebook: wvreeven
> Twitter: wvreeven

King Arthur: [after Arthur's cut off both of the Black Knight's arms] Look, you
stupid Bastard. You've got no arms left.
Black Knight: Yes I have.
King Arthur: *Look*!
Black Knight: It's just a flesh wound.
[Monty Python and the Holy Grail]