quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: File locking problem

From: Richard Kolb <rjdkolb_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 11:55:27 +0200

Hi Wouter

On 30 July 2010 11:03, Wouter van Reeven <wouter_at_van.reeven.nl> wrote:

> In the past few days I have been working on Windows 7 with NetBeans,
> GlassFish 2.2.1 and Maven. I noticed this behaviour:
>
> When I clean, undeploy and deploy our Enterprise Application with
> NetBeans I get file locking errors, while I don't get them when I use
> Maven to deploy and undeploy the app. The difference is that I call the
> asadmin command from Maven to deploy our ear, while NetBeans uses the
> internal deployment to deploy the app. When I clean the app and the
> target directory needs to be removed, Maven complains it cannot delete
> certain jars since they are in use by another application. Only when I
> manually undeploy the ear, or sometimes even only when I stop GlassFish
> all together, can the app be cleaned.
>
> Has anyoone else experienced this? I'm not sure if I should report this
> issue with GlassFish or with NetBeans.

First off, silly question but what is your JDK version you are using ?

One of the developers here uses Maven in Eclipse 3.5 under Windows 7. Don't
think he has seen this.

Can process explorer help to find 'who' has the lock on the file ?
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653.aspx

regards
Richard