quality@glassfish.java.net

File locking problem

From: Wouter van Reeven <wouter_at_van.reeven.nl>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 11:03:12 +0200

Hi all,

In the past few days I have been working on Windows 7 with NetBeans,
GlassFish 2.2.1 and Maven. I noticed this behaviour:

When I clean, undeploy and deploy our Enterprise Application with
NetBeans I get file locking errors, while I don't get them when I use
Maven to deploy and undeploy the app. The difference is that I call the
asadmin command from Maven to deploy our ear, while NetBeans uses the
internal deployment to deploy the app. When I clean the app and the
target directory needs to be removed, Maven complains it cannot delete
certain jars since they are in use by another application. Only when I
manually undeploy the ear, or sometimes even only when I stop GlassFish
all together, can the app be cleaned.

Has anyoone else experienced this? I'm not sure if I should report this
issue with GlassFish or with NetBeans.

Thanks, Wouter

--
Cloudless everyday you fall upon my waking eyes
inviting and inciting me to rise