quality@glassfish.java.net

RE: Request for comments : FishCAT, the way forward

From: Vladimir Perlov <vladperl_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 21:11:36 +0000

Hi Richard,

>Thanks. The FishCAT form is actually a google docs form, so it does not send an email to anyone. It's just a simple spread sheet.>I will get control of this doc from Judy and get back to him.
I glad to see your quick response.I would like to say a couple words about Alexander.He is just 18 years old. But he started to work in our industry when he was 15 years old! The company where he is working already use Glassfish 3.01 and it's up to him to decide when they will move to Glassfish 3.1 :)Officially he is working as Linux Network Administrator, but in the same time he is doing some programming using JSF, JPA, Javascript, MySQL and so on.
Thank you,Vladimir

Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 09:28:11 +0200
From: rjdkolb_at_gmail.com
To: quality_at_glassfish.dev.java.net
Subject: Re: Request for comments : FishCAT, the way forward

Hi Vladimir

On 7 July 2010 06:36, Vladimir Perlov <vladperl_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

Hi Richard,
>True, but I don't think Sun's Open Source views and culture just disappeared :)
I understand it, and maybe we could contact directly some people from Glassfish team in informal manner and ask them some questions :) For example in the past I had contact a couple times with Jason Lee. He is kind of guy open to discussion and he is responsible for Glassfish's Admin panel and some other stuff also. So if we will have some questions to Glassfish team I could try to contact him. By the way it was a funny story how I the first time had contact with him. But I'm not that good storyteller to bother you with this kind of story.

Ah, great thanks. Jason is responsible for JSF2 as well.
FishCAT has support via Alexis, Judy , Edwardo and many others, so it should not be a problem.

>Well, I always believe more in what people 'do' than 'say'>So let's test it out :)

You don't have to do it just check out the link:http://www.oracle.com/technology/oramag/oracle/10-jul/o40interview.html?msgid=3-1768287653

"Screven: The first thing that I want to point out is that Oracle doesn’t really have an open source-specific strategy. What we have is an overall company strategy: to deliver complete, open, integrated solutions to our customers."

As you can see I was absolutely right, they just don't have any strategy in this regard :)Watching the video about how many people are using MySql I was just wondering why they couldn't effort to create decent community based SQL manager as alternative to MySQL browser. Maybe they didn't have a decent awarding schema at this time :)

Hmmm... I think it's time for the open community is step up and show Oracle it's worth while :)
Then maybe they will have a formal policy.

One more thing that could be useful for us is to read the Seth Godin blog:http://sethgodin.typepad.com/seths_blog/2010/07/the-theory-of-the-case.html
Looks like he indeed scanning internet for his name and decided to commit to our discussion :)
Almost forget, I have convinced one developer to sign for Fishcat program. But he didn't receive any confirmation by email after he finished the registration form. I just wondering if registration form is working now. And how long it takes to send confirmation.
His name is Alexander Makarenko. In mean time I have said him to wait until tomorrow.Maybe he already got the message, but I'm not sure.
Thanks. The FishCAT form is actually a google docs form, so it does not send an email to anyone. It's just a simple spread sheet.

I will get control of this doc from Judy and get back to him.
thanks
Richard.