quality@glassfish.java.net

RE: Request for comments : FishCAT, the way forward

From: Vladimir Perlov <vladperl_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2010 16:07:36 +0000

Hi cats,

>Here are a few places we can send emails to invite, any place else, idea please. Thanks!>users_at_glassfish.dev.java.net>dev_at_glassfish.dev.java.net>GlassFish in Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin ...
What about developers forums such as JSF and so on?Another question is how many people we can reach this way?Do we have the way to find out it?Is there is a way to send the letter instantly to all oracle based email lists and forums?Can we promise them that people who will do the best will get some kind of title signed by Larry Ellison?Can we promise them that people with the title will be eligible for some discount for Oracle organized events?Of course the holder of the title will be eligible for this kind of privileges during only one year.People who deserve the title should get some kind of badge with corresponding certificate.For example "Siberian tiger" certificate should be signed by Larry Ellison his self to make it more valuable and "Lion" title should be signed at least by Glassfish team leader.Custom made metallic badge should provide the following data:Title name, year, unique id, corresponding to the title symbol/picture (lion, tiger,...) Maybe we could also write on the badge in small font definitely something like this: "Noble member of Fishcat tribe".
Beside it makes sense to produce collectible kind of coins that people will be able to buy using their points/dukes.When our awarding schema will be strong we shall make to start to use silver, gold, and other precious metal to produce them.Just a couple quickly found related to the topic links:
http://www.kingpins.net/custom-coins.asphttp://www.yellowfinindustries.com/index.php
In conclusion I would say that if now are strategy is stickers oriented then we have to make them adult oriented and artificially rise their value. One more idea in this direction would be to find pretty good designer on http://www.deviantart.com/ site and ask them to create design for our badges,coins, logos and so on. Probably they will do it for free in case we will open to them additional market.This is one of the reason I has asked about how many people we can reach.
Best regards,Vladimir
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 07:13:04 -0700
From: judy.j.tang_at_oracle.com
To: quality_at_glassfish.dev.java.net
Subject: Re: Request for comments : FishCAT, the way forward

Good idea Richard. We can do that :-)

FishCAT is simply a Beta testing, so we need to find different ways to
reach GlassFish users.

Here are a few places we can send emails to invite, any place else,
idea please. Thanks!

users_at_glassfish.dev.java.net

dev_at_glassfish.dev.java.net

GlassFish in Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin ...

Richard Kolb wrote:

Ah, we can add a field in the registration form: Who refereed you to
FishCAT

50 Bonus points for every referral

  On 2 July 2010 10:30, Judy Tang <judy.j.tang_at_oracle.com>
wrote:

Suggest every one read this email help to recruit 1 FishCAT, we will
get 50 in no time :-)

Judy Tang wrote:
     Hi Richard,

I like your planning with very clear goal. This is great. Let's start!

- To attract and keep more than 50 activity participating independent
FishCAT members

- To attract more than 10 application specific Gold members

Richard Kolb wrote:
      Hi Vladimir

        On 2 July 2010 05:58, Vladimir Perlov <vladperl_at_hotmail.com>
wrote:

>But agreed type don't know GlassFish the full
potential
of what FishCAT can accomplish

          So shell we start some planning to see what we can
accomplish?

Yes, and I think we need to have a modest approach and not a big bang
approach for now.

Perhaps we can have more long term goals as well.

          Maybe it doesn't make sense anymore to do some surveys?

Yes, I don't think so.

I don't want to send people annoying surveys without a clear strategy
first.

(Because FishCAT is not active at the moment)

          How about this short plan:

          July - writing vision, policy, strategy, business model
and
infrastructure specification

Top down business approach. I like this.

We already have a focus area, so I would like to keep that.

        http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=FishCAT2010SecHalf

        Just some ideas for mission statement and short term vision

Mission statement :

The FishCAT community team strives to keep GlassFish's high quality
standard and even improve the quality of this world class Enterprise
technology.

The community is also committed to helping the GlassFish developers
execute their roles

        Short Term Vision :

To attract and keep more than 50 activity participating independent
FishCAT members to passively test GlassFish 3.1 before it is released
and activity test specific new and existing features. While doing this

To attract more than 10 application specific Gold members.

(A gold member is someone who does active testing of specific
applications or frameworks. EG of frameworks :Vaadin , IceFaces ,
PrimeFaces EG of Applications Hudson , Apache Archiva etc)

regards

Richard.