quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: Request for comments : FishCAT, the way forward

From: Richard Kolb <rjdkolb_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 16:10:41 +0200

Hi Vladimir

On 28 June 2010 15:47, Vladimir Perlov <vladperl_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

> >What sort of questions would you ask ?
> The main question is their opinion regarding introducing strong
> awarding/motivation schema.
> But before we send them survey we need to define our politics more clearly.

I have been thinking a lot about your blog.
It is a very good idea, but not so sure we can go there just yet. We must
still prove that FishCAT is that valuable.

I've been looking at NetBeans and how it does things. There is no real
reward system.
Basically 'Useful issue reports are ones that get issues fixed !' , i.e.
your reward is something fixed

I've also been looking at Duke Dollars.
http://developers.sun.com/forums/dukedollars.html
Maybe we can start something like this. Even if I have to buy a T-Shirt for
the top performers every quarter myself.
Once we have this going maybe we can move towards your model.

Your thoughts ? Sorry I may have taken some wind out of your sails... I
really like your ideas.

regards
Richard.