quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: semi-OT: jax-ws web services with embedded xsd?

From: Kristian Rink <rink_at_planconnect.de>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 13:09:48 +0100

Hi Judy;

and first off, thanks a bunch to you (and your fellow developer,
actually... ;) ) for providing me with input on that.

Judy Tang schrieb:
> By default, wsgen tool generates wsdl and schemas in different files.
> Some users have already requested to generate the schemas in the wsdl
> via an option to wsgen tool(I think it is easy to do that).

Is this on any actual roadmap at the moment, or would it be worth filing
an enhancement issue?

> But one can manually embed the schemas in the wsdl and package the wsdl
> in war/ear. Then JAX-WS just publishes that wsdl.

Fine with me. Actually, at the moment we are evaluating a contract-first
approach which seems more sane, and from this point of view, wsdl/xsd
handling might be quite different finally, after all.

Anyway, thanks a bunch and all the best to you,
K.

--
Dipl.-Ing.(BA) Kristian Rink * Software- und Systemingenieur
planConnect GmbH * Könneritzstr. 33 * 01067 Dresden