quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: Icefaces EE and GlassFish 3.0

From: Judy Tang <Judy.J.Tang_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 10:27:42 -0800

Thanks Richard. Let me copy and paste here :-)

Judy

--------

Hi,

ICEfaces EE 1.8.2 is our enterprise-grade, certified production-ready
ICEfaces distribution.

It will support Glassfish 2.x servers (and a bunch of others, of course,
WebSphere, WebLogic, etc.). However, it will not officially support the
upcoming Glassfish 3 release. Glassfish 3 is the Java EE 6 reference
implementation, and is obviously very new. Thus, cannot be considered a
reasonable target for mission-critical production deployments at this time.

The ICEfaces open-source releases (non-EE) will lead the way in terms of
preliminary support for new platforms as there is a large amount of
certification testing required before a new platform can be officially
supported in the ICEfaces Enterprise-Edition.

To clarify things further, ICEfaces 1.8.x is supported on JSF 1.1 and
JSF 1.2 runtimes only. You must use the in-development ICEfaces 2 builds
if you wan to run on JSF 2 (current release bundle is Alpha 1).

I would expect that in the future we will support using ICEfaces 1.8.x
on Glassfish 3 for JEE 5 projects, and ICEfaces 2.x for JEE 6 projects.

Regards,
Ken

Ken Fyten
VP Product Development