quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: Would you like to help us test Admin GUI JDBC connecting with different databases

From: Felipe Gaścho <fgaucho_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 06:53:28 +0100

IMO: this should be part of the integration tests of GF...

A simple script with asadmin commands can copy the drivers and
destroy-and-create all resources in Glassfish, so I suggest this to be
included in the Glassfish Hudson ...

- the idea is to copy several drivers to ext/lib and use this script
to create 1 jdbc realm for each DB.. you can also use ANSI SQL to
populate the users/roles tables and deploy a mini application and do
execute login for all realms..

IMHO: it is a must have integration test...

* I use the same in my project, and so far GF 3 b69 is able to honor
the script without problems - with MySql...