quality@glassfish.java.net

About Editing Pool Settings from GUI (V3 b70)

From: Wu Jie <wujie_at_cn.fujitsu.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 13:41:09 +0900

Hi Judy

When I edited the Pool Settings I found sth strange following.

1.About default value of Pool Settings in EJB setting
  The original Pool Settings in GUI are following.
  =====================================
  Initial and Minimum Pool Size: 0
  Maximum Pool Size: 32
  Pool Resize Quantity: 8
  =====================================

  When I click [Load Defaults] button, the setting changed as below.
  =====================================
  Initial and Minimum Pool Size: 16
  Maximum Pool Size: 64
  Pool Resize Quantity: 16
  =====================================

  The style above shows that the original values are different
  from default values of pool settings. Why?
  I found the styles of pool seetings of MDB and EJB are the same.
  but they are different from the following settings
  ・EJB Cache Setting,
  ・JDBC Connection Pool
  ・Connectot Connection Pool
  The original value and default value of the three settings above
  are the same.

  I think it is better to unify the design of the settings above.

2.About the contents of domain.xml
  When use default value for Pool Settings, the setting value is
  not written in the domain.xml. Why?

Thanks
-Wu