quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: b67: Admin-GUI: NullPointerException _at_ JSFThemeContext.getResourcePath?

From: Tom Mueller <Tom.Mueller_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 14:01:27 -0500

Cay,
Thank you for saving the old install. I do think that it would be
useful for someone in GlassFish development to analyze exactly why the
stack trace is happening. I expect that this will be traced to a
configuration file being reset back to it's initial install state or
something like that. Once we know what file it is, we can determine
what the problem is in the packaging.

While looking into this issue, I found that the asenv.conf file has a
problem like this (filed bug 10401), i.e., it is updated by the
software, but an update in a new package version will overwrite the
updates from the software. However, in this particular case, asenv.conf
hasn't been updated in any recent builds so the problem would not show up.

I expect that there is some other file in GlassFish install that has
this situation.

Could you check your old install if there is anything in the
.org.opensolaris,pkg/lost+found directory? This directory contains
unpackaged files that got moved by the update process. When I tried to
reproduce the problem, I'm not seeing any of these files. But if files
are there, that would be an indicator of the possible source of the
problem.

Thanks.
Tom