quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: "asadmin set" prompts for admin password while using default port values

From: Sankar Neelakandan <Sankar.Neelakandan_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 07:04:16 -0700

Remove the /.asadminpass file and you won't see the prompt for password.
You might have logged into the default domain using different admin
password for user "admin" in port 4848
Now the default user is "admin" and default password is no password. If
you try to login with the old .asadminpass file ,you are actually
passing a non empty password which will result in a incorrect credentials.
But after you change the admin port the entry in .asadminpass will be
ignored because login details are based on host and port.

Try removing the file and see if it works for default port.

-Sankar