quality@glassfish.java.net

"asadmin set" prompts for admin password while using default port values

From: Naresh <Srinivas.Bhimisetty_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 16:02:50 +0530

In the latest nightly build (b64) of GF v3, I see that *asadmin set*
command prompts for admin password, which was not the case in the
previous builds (checked with the promoted build b62).

When I enter the password as "adminadmin", it fails saying invalid
password (I'm using the zip bundle, on a Linux machine).

However, when the the HTTP, HTTPS and ADMIN port values are changed from
the default values, *asadmin set* doesn't prompt for the admin password.

I sense something fishy happening here.

Is it some regression in the latest nightly build?

- Naresh