quality@glassfish.java.net

Review request: plan for doc changes arising from asadmin changes

From: Paul Davies <Paul-Martin.Davies_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 18:38:22 -0700

Hi,

Please review the GlassFish v3 Administration CLI Documentation Plan
<http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=GlassFishV3AdminCLIDocPlan>.
This plan specifies all the required documentation changes that arise
from the changes to the Administration CLI for GlassFish v3,
specifically the separation of metaoptions from subcommand options in
the asadmin utility.

Attached to the plan is a sample changed man page (PDF)
<http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/attach/GlassFishV3AdminCLIDocPlan/create-javamail-resource.1.pdf>.
This sample illustrates how the man pages will appear after the changes
to man pages described in the plan are implemented. Please review this
sample in conjunction with the plan.

Mandatory reviewers are as follows:

    * Kedar Mhaswade
    * Bill Shannon
    * Sankar Neelakandan

Please give me your feedback on the plan and the sample by the end of
the day this *Friday, 17 July , 2009*. If you need more time, please let
me know. If I do not hear back from you by then, I will assume that the
plan and the sample are acceptable and that work can proceed on making
the changes in the documentation.

Thank you.

--
Paul Davies, Senior Technical Writer, Sun Microsystems, Inc.
http://blogs.sun.com/techscribe/