quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: Build 45 installation & updatetool

From: Wouter van Reeven <wouter_at_van.reeven.nl>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 20:10:00 +0200

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 11:06:58AM -0700, Snjezana Sevo-Zenzerovic wrote:
> just to confirm something: your updatetool got properly installed by
> *installer*, you did not have to go through manual bootstrap after the
> installation?
>
> If that's the case, something really strange is going on - it seems that
> same bootstrap client jars and same installer code works on Linux (at
> least yours :-) ) and chokes pretty much everywhere else...

Yes, installing GFv3 using the unix .sh installer goes ok if I install update
tool but do not enable it. It takes 60 or 61 seconds to complete. That is with
an 8 MBit internet connection (820 kb/sec) but with internet radio playing. Yes,
I just timed this while I was replying to your email :-)

Is there any way to make the installation process be more verbose so I can send
you log files with more info in them?

Thanks, Wouter

--
Oh the sisters of mercy, they are not departed or gone.
They were waiting for me when I thought that I just can't go on.