quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: Process to log a bug (must read :-)

From: Judy Tang <Judy.J.Tang_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 20:58:44 -0700

Hi All,

Looks more SJSU students joined for testing. Big welcome and thank you
for all of your testing effort.
Here is the bug process. Please read/reread to make bug filing more
efficient, it will help us a lot. Thanks :-)

Would like to point out one thing here:

Steps 4 says "When you are convinced it is a bug, make sure it has not
been filed, check V3 all open bug query
<https://glassfish.dev.java.net/issues/reports.cgi?state=Open+issues&issue_type=DEFECT&containing=gfv3-prelude-include&type=natural+language+search&x=Subcomponent&y=Priority>",
for example for GUI data verification, this kind bug is easy to be
convinced, so no need to send email to quality,
just check to see if the same kind bug is not filed, then file it. This
way we can have quality alias open for more
complicate questions and get answered quickly.

Many thanks and happy testing !

Judy