quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: [Problem]Spring In Glassfish

From: Tang Yong <tangyong_at_cn.fujitsu.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 08:45:20 +0800

Hi Kraemer,

Thanks your reply very much. Response in-line, below....

> Which version of GF are you using?
GF V2.1 b60 cluster profile.

> I would assume there is some other entry in the server.policy file that
> is granting the necessary permissions.
Kraemer, I also think so,and I try finding these entries,but I did not get my expected result.
Maybe my knowledge on 'SM' is not well.

> What is the full path to:
>
> 1. asadmin
> 2. your spring.jar
>
> My guess is that you put spring.jar in the installRoot, not the
> instanceRoot.
I have placed the spring.jar into the instanceRoot, rather than installRoot.
I know that the app can have access to the jar in the installRoot/lib.

Best Regard!
--Mike Tang

> thanks,
> vbk
>
> Tang Yong wrote:
>> Hi Kraemer,
>>
>> I am sorry for interupting your work again.
>>
>> According your reply, I do some investigating on the 'SM' and try the spring web sample again.
>>
>> The result is as following:
>> 1 Because my GF's profile is cluster(not enterprise profile), by default, 'SM' is disabled.
>> So, I turned on the 'SM' by means of "asadmin create-jvm-options --user admin -Djava.security.manager",
>> Then, I restarted the GF. (The above config info is from "GF Enterprise Server 2.1 Developer's Guide".
>> 2 I redeployed the spring web sample.
>> 3 Running is still well.
>>
>> Although the result displayed that Kraemer's "Probably", I have a problem related the result:
>>
>> When I have seen the server.policy file, I did not find the sentence related "grant codeBase "file:${com.sun.aas.instanceRoot}/lib/-" {
>> permission java.security.AllPermission;
>> };"
>> BTW: my spring.jar is placed in the "${com.sun.aas.instanceRoot}/lib/" which is valid for the whole domain.
>>
>> So, I want to know why spring.jar has been granted?
>>
>> Regard!
>>
>> --Mike Tang.
>>

>>> Response in-line, below....
>>>
>>> vbk

>>> I can only say, "Probably". I haven't tried it for a long time (in terms
>>> of software 'years')

>>> Yes.

>>> Hmm... I have to disagree with you on this... Blogs are 'stuff I
>>> learned... that I am sharing with you'. The power of a blog comes from