quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: problems with netbeans and opensolaris

From: Ludovic Champenois <Ludovic.Champenois_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 04:33:06 -0700

On 3/17/09 11:50 PM, Judy Tang wrote:
> Hi Sreekanth, I do not see OpenSolaris listed in the NetBean 6.5
> release note.
>
> http://www.netbeans.org/community/releases/65/relnotes.html

Judy, this is wrong: NetBeans 6.5 is bundled in the OpenSolaris IPS
system and can be downloaded from IPS. It is a fully supported IDE on
OpenSolaris 2008.11.
I suggest you post your question on NetBeans forums.
Can you see any errors in the NetBeans log file? Seems to be a JDK crash
bug. Which OpenSolaris version are you using? Is it up to date with the
latest packages from IPS package manager?

Ludo