quality@glassfish.java.net

[Building Problem]Missing Woodstock Jar

From: Tang Yong <tangyong_at_cn.fujitsu.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 11:30:28 +0800

Hi Judy,V3 Kohsuke,

 I meet a problem while trying to generate the project files for Eclipse IDE.

 I used the following command according to the "V3DevelopmentInstructions"(http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=V3DevelopmentInstructions).

mvn -DdownloadSources=true eclipse:eclipse

the showing result from command line is as following:

Missing:
----------
1) com.sun.woodstock.dependlibs:dataprovider:jar:1.0

  Then, install it using the command:
      mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=com.sun.woodstock.dependlibs -Dartifact
Id=dataprovider -Dversion=1.0 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

  Alternatively, if you host your own repository you can deploy the file there:

      mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=com.sun.woodstock.dependlibs -DartifactId
=dataprovider -Dversion=1.0 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url] -Dr
epositoryId=[id]

  Path to dependency:
        1) org.glassfish.admingui:dataprovider:jar:4.2
        2) com.sun.woodstock.dependlibs:dataprovider:jar:1.0

----------
1 required artifact is missing.

for artifact:
  org.glassfish.admingui:dataprovider:jar:4.2

Then, I begin to try to download the woodstock jar manually.
I found that only the http://maven.glassfish.org/content/groups/glassfish has the woodstock jar.
Then, I went to the above repository , and when I want to enter into the http://maven.glassfish.org/content/groups/glassfish/com/sun/woodstock/,
the network reports error, and I can not download it.

So, Could you please help me resolve the problem?

I feel that glassfish-related maven reposity is too many such that I can not figuire which reposity I should use.

Not a document/article ever points out the problem, and once one repository amony the candidates failed, I feel a litter puzzle.

Thanks!

--Mike Tang