quality@glassfish.java.net

jax-ws/metro in v3prelude - builds?

From: Kristian Rink <rink_at_planconnect.de>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 09:53:39 +0100

Folks;

am experiencing a strange JAX-WS web service related problem in gfv3 b33 at
the moment: In my project there is a servlet based implementation of a
JAX-WS web service more or less like this...

///snip
@WebService
public class FooService{

        // this is an interface...
        private IAccess access

        // obvious getters+setters for IAccess
        public IAccess getAccess()
        {...}
        public void setAccess(IAccess a)
        {...}

        @WebMethod
        public String doSomething()
        {
                return this.getAccess().doSomething();
        }
}
///snip

This works pretty fine in our "production" gfv2 installment, however in gfv3
b33 the application fails to get the web service up. Reading the log file it
seems that JAX-WS/JAXB , in something like
"mypackage.jaxws.GetAccessReponse._return", that...

"...IAccess is an interface, and JAXB can't handle interfaces..."

Well yeah, I know (and cursed ... :) ) about this already way often before,
this is why I by now explicitely use the @WebMethod annotation on methods
that should be exposed, relying upon methods not annotated like this
subsequently not being exposed in the web service. This works fine on gfv2
but not on recent gfv3 builds it seems... Any way of getting to the point of
this? Should I file an issue, or is this a known problem?

Asides this: The gfv2 admin_gui has a "Web Services" section to, well,
deal/interact with web services which seems missing in gfv3 recent builds.
Is this feature not there anymore? Is it likely to return anytime soon?

TIA and all the best to you all,
Kristian

--
Dipl.-Ing.(BA) Kristian Rink * Software- und Systemingenieur
planConnect GmbH * Könneritzstr. 33 * 01067 Dresden