quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: Opinions Wanted: v3 GUI Prototype

From: Ken Paulsen <Ken.Paulsen_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 11:49:11 -0800

Hi Wouter,

The search currently searches exact-match whole words tags.  I think we may be able to enhance this to include partial matches, perhaps as an advanced search... or maybe by default (there are some performance issues to consider).  The search is already case-insensitive (or at least it's supposed to be -- I haven't done much testing).

The "search my tags only" feature hasn't been tested... it looks like it doesn't yet work.  However, if it had, the results would have been the same as not checking it b/c there is only 1 user in the system (the anonymous user).  When multiple different admin logins are enabled, this feature has more meaning.  :)

I think the reason that you did not see your 2 tags was again because we are not presenting the information in a clear way.  The search box accepts "tags," the results show "pages."  We do not currently have a search for "tags" (or even a page which lists them).  So, when you do an empty search, what is listed is all *pages* which have been tagged.  Further more, pages w/ 2 tags are listed twice (which is a bug).  You will see the 2 pages you tagged: "Connection Pools" and "JDBC Resources"... if you click on each of those links, you'll see (at the top of the right panel on each page), that your "tag" *is* listed.  I think we still have some work to do to make this more understandable and easier to use....

Thanks!

Ken

Wouter van Reeven wrote:
Hi Ken,