quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: Opinions Wanted: v3 GUI Prototype

From: Wouter van Reeven <wouter_at_van.reeven.nl>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 19:30:42 +0100

Hi Ken,

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 09:45:27AM -0800, Ken Paulsen wrote:
> We don't have any documentation on the tagging feature yet, in fact it was
> implemented in a couple of days right before the demo was announced as a
> prototype feature. One thing that is missing that we did plan to implement,
> but didn't get in before the demo was a "tag map" (or tag cloud). This would
> show you all the tags in the system. It would likely be a link from the tag
> panel, the tag panel probably should show the most common tags as well...

OK I had a closer look at the tags feature and it is what I thought it would be:
some advanced bookmarking feature. Pretty cool! A few comments to some behaviour
I think you already have noticed yourself:

- When I add a tag it is visible in the tag pane to the right of the admin
  console. However, when I then click on the home button, the tag disappears!
  This is what got me confused.
- I have added two tags, JDBC Resources and JDBC Connection Pools. When I enter
  JDBC in the search field and click the Search button, no tags are found.
- When I leave the search field empty and then click the Search button, all tags
  get visible. however, my newly added JDBC connection Pools tag is missing.
- When I select the "Query only my tags" checkbox and hit the Search button, I
  get this exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: java.lang.RuntimeException while attempting to
process a 'command' event for 'queryTagButton'.

Apart from the above, this feature looks promising! Will the tag search feature
be case insensitive? And will it be possible to use wildcards?

Thanks, Wouter

--
"WHAT DO YOU GET IF YOU MULTIPLY SIX BY NINE?"
"Six by nine. Forty two. That's it. That's all there is."