quality@glassfish.java.net

gfv3-b33: updatetool?

From: Kristian Rink <rink_at_planconnect.de>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 08:19:07 +0100

Folks;

playing with b33, I found two annoyances trying to get updatetool to work on
my machine (Sun/Solaris x86):

- Using "Updates" in the web administration ui leaves me with the license of
wxWindows/wxpython being display which I have to "accept" to proceed, but,
no matter how often I click "accept", it only ends in the same license being
redisplayed and nothing substantial happening.

- Trying to use the command line update tool I fail pretty much earlier
(during installation of it, running the b33 .zip distribution):

[snip]
# [remote_at_halo 8:14:27] ~> /opt/appsrv/glassfishv3/bin/updatetool

The software needed for this command (updatetool) is not installed.

If you choose to install Update Tool, your system will be automatically
configured to periodically check for software updates. If you would like
to configure the tool to not check for updates, you can override the
default behavior via the tool's Preferences facility.

When this tool interacts with package repositories, some system information
such as your system's IP address and operating system type and version
is sent to the repository server. For more information please see:

http://wiki.updatecenter.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=UsageMetricsUC2

Once installation is complete you may re-run this command.

Would you like to install Update Tool now (y/n): y

IOException: Connection failed: 404: Not Found

Could not download application packages. This could be because
you are using a proxy server to access the internet.
[/snip]

Error 404? Is there something that should be known about this? Known issue
or something worth filing one? Meanwhile I'll have a look at the unix .sh
installer...

Thanks in advance and all the best,
Kristian

--