quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: FishCAT Survey Results

From: Anil Gaur <Anil.Gaur_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 10:51:11 -0800
This is great feedback! FishCAT Rocks!!

Anil Gaur
Engineering Director
GlassFish Enterprise Server

Judy Tang wrote:
Hi All,

We have great results from this FishCAT Survey.  Thank you so much for the following people who participated the Survey. Here are some highlights
and please click on the names to see the complete survey and get to meet them too :-)

Have a great weekend !
Judy

Adam "I really appreciated the instant, amazingly short feedback cycle and the short line to the engineers. It was a pleasure for me to participate"

Kana "FishCAT is a really nice activity. We're planning to organize testing team in Japan GlassFish User's community. It will be wounderful if some
local-branches of quality community are organized in some part of the world to share knowledges"

Kristian "It's a pleasant experience and I like the mellow, relaxed style of communication on-list. The idea of having a community pretty much doing
"acceptance tests" and having a quick way of reporting any issues related to this seems beneficial to the project as a whole."

Jack "Any body can join FishCAT program from all of the world. Update Center is very nice function. In doing so, developers are able to add
only the modules they need"

Sebastien "The best part of FishCAT is the feedback.  I never got a bad response from a developer because I found a bug.  They are happy about receiving
enhancements and they are willing to do it quickly."

Wim "What I like most is to see that there is such a great community out there! A post on the mailing list hardly ever comes without numerous replies.
If a problem turns out to be a bug, the response of the development team is incredibly fast. I was amazed to see some bugs posted to be fixed in the
very next promoted build!"

Judy Tang wrote:
Hi All,

We had a very successful GlassFish Community Acceptance Testing V1 program.  Would like do a quick survey to collect
your valuable input by answering the following questions and send it to glassfishquality@sun.com.  Many thanks :-)

(1) What functions you like about GlassFish v3 Prelude, and what you like to see improvement

(2) What things you like about FishCAT, and what you like to see improvement

(3) Besides participating in GlassFish Beta testing, what other things you would like to do to contribute to GlassFish quality ?

(4) Optional, please tell us your most fun memory about FishCAT program

(5) Will you continue with FishCAT program and would you recommend it to your friends and ask them to join us

http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=FishCATSurvey