quality@glassfish.java.net

RE: [Question] How to use Servlet3.0 with JavaEE6

From: Wim Verreycken <wim_at_pizzastop.be>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 11:47:21 +0100

Hi Jack,

I haven't used Servlet 3.0 yet. I'm running several 2.4 servlets with
success on v3 however. To do so, I've put them under a separate package
under the war. This is not really necessary, the default package should do
fine but I like to keep things seperated.
(btw in netbeans : new -> servlet : works great as well, for 2.4 that is).

Using the JSR315 annotations I think the same applies, you just put them in
a new webproject, preferably under a separate package f.e
com.mycompany.myapp.web.servlets

If you need and introduction to all the new features, f.e. asynchronous
support in 3.0, I used this page :

http://today.java.net/pub/a/today/2008/10/14/introduction-to-servlet-3.html

I hope it helps.

And of course a merry chrismas and happy new year to you to!

Wim