quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: FishCATSurvey

From: Judy Tang <Judy.J.Tang_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 18:31:30 -0800

Hi Kana,

I am so glad to hear you and Jack are team up to build a GlassFish
Quality Community Japan.
I see both of you have the passion which is the key to success for
building up a community.
Good luck and let me know how I can help.

Please see my inline reply :-)

Have a good weekend !
Judy
Kana K. wrote:
> Hi Judy,
>

>> I am so glad you will continue with us and will help to build a
>> FishCAT team in Japan. I will be glad to be a part in it :-)
>>

> I feel very encouraged to hear that. I'm not so much experienced to
> manage community, so please advice me on all fronts.

Any time for any question just let us know what we can help.
> There're many good Testing/QA engenners in Japan, however, not a few
> of them tends to hesitate to join worldwide OSS community because of
> a linguistic barrier. I would like to be of some help for them to
> break down communication barriers.. well I know that I don't have a
> good command of English though :-)

Worldwide OSS community has people from worldwide. So people understand
the language
barrier, no need to worry if he/she does not write in perfect English,
as long as people
understand it should be fine. Also it is the best way to improve the
English skill when participate
in the community, right :-)
> Here's the scratch of a top page of "Quality community JAPAN" I
> arranged (Sorry in Japanese, just feel the atmosphere...)
> http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=QualityCommunityTop_Ja
>
> I'm thinking what I should write in a section: "What are members of
> GlassFish Quality Community doing ?"
> Testing GlassFish, verifying it's quality, help improving GlassFish,
> enjoy FishCAT program, discussing about GlassFish... Could you give
> me any other nice phrases to add ?

You got a good list here, may be you can also add learning software
development infrastructure
and process, learning different software tools, learning from each
other, build career network ...