quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: New version of Eclipse plugin for Glassfish v3 Prelude published(v1.0.14)

From: Ludovic Champenois <Ludovic.Champenois_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2008 07:59:22 -0800

dinghy wrote:
> yeah,the links you mentioned would be the usual path.
>
> For the GlassFish Plugin for Eclipse, still I find it very hard to use
> smoothly..
> look at the cpu and memory use when the plugin is start...
> and when deployment synchronization starts,
> java.exe above will go to 60%.
Since I see an Eclipse.exe process, I would assume that the java.exe
process is s for the App Server process itself, so there is little or
nothing we can do on the Eclipse side.
How long does it take to redeploy?
Is is a big web app with many framework jars in lib?
How long does it take outside Eclipse?
I've seen long redeployment with complex frameworks... something the
deployment team should definitely look at.

Judith, do we have QE tests/performance for complex web apps? Did we
regress from GF v2?
This is important to track now.

Ludo