quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: Presentation proposal for DeVoxx

From: Wouter van Reeven <wouter_at_van.reeven.nl>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 23:19:58 +0200

Hi Miro,

On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 11:28:50PM +0300, Miroslav Nachev wrote:
> On 26th of November I will do presentation for OSGi in Bulgarian Java Users
> Group (BG-JUG).  The contents is:
> 1. Short OSGi introduction - 40 minutes
> 2. Mobile Phone real working Demo - 15 minutes
> 3. Hello Word demo using Eclipse OSGi plugin & Declarative Services -  15
> minutes
> 4. Complex Demo Application using Maven, NetBeans and Eclipse - 30 minutes
> 5. Enterprise OSGi and Java EE
> 6. Other demos which are not presented but will be included
> 7. Q & A
>
> We can share our demos and ideas. Unfortunately GlassFish is not planed to
> support OSGi for Application level. For the moment OSGi is supported only on
> System level.

Yes, let's share ideas and demo's. And thanks for the info about OSGi and
GlassFish. I have seen several emails about this in the past few weeks, but
haven't dived into this myself yet. So I wasn't aware that OSGi is only
supported on System level. It makes me wonder what to demo about that then. I
guess something like what's described here by Arun:

http://weblogs.java.net/blog/arungupta/archive/2008/06/totd_36_deploy.html

Greets, Wouter

--
People: "If she weighs the same as a Duck, she's made of wood!"
Sir Bedevere: "And therefore...?"