quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: [Jersey] REMINDER: RESTful Web Services with Prelude Doc Review needed by end-of-day Monday, 10/13 PST

From: Paul Sandoz <Paul.Sandoz_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 20:14:06 +0200

On Oct 10, 2008, at 7:34 PM, Stefan Tilkov wrote:

> On 08.10.2008, at 22:16, Debbie.Carson_at_Sun.COM wrote:
>
>> This is a reminder that the first draft of the RESTful Web Services
>> with Prelude document is currently undergoing review. Your
>> comments and suggestions are critical for making this document
>> useful for our readers, which in turn spurs adoption of this
>> technology.
>
> I don't seem to have the necessary rights to edit the page and add a
> comment, but the intro section equates REST and CRUD, which I think
> is misleading.

Agreed. I don't think there is a need to mention CRUD explcitly. We
could probably just say that the common set of HTTP methods that
constitute the common set of operations of the uniform interface of a
resource are XYZ and we can say that often POST is used to create a
resource and that PUT may be used to create a resource or update (in
whole) the state of a resource.

Paul.