quality@glassfish.java.net

RE: EJB 3.1 in b22.... some issues

From: Wim Verreycken <wim_at_pizzastop.be>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 23:20:38 +0200

Ok, I isolated this in a derby example (instead of the original ms sql 2008).

For this to run, create a derby user cat:cat and install the sql. Then create an XA datasource for the derby db exactly as I did with MS Sql (sec mech=3)

The problem (on b22, abnormal, but normal on gfv2) seems to be that the reference to the ejb cannot be resolved (no registration in jndi?).

However, when testing this b23 I run into bug 5890.

Wanted to post this quickly, since today’s the 8th . Have to say however, since this is a deployment issue, I had no time to debug this test code (merely copy-pasted from my original project).
So most web service methods return null (I know, ugly, I should be ashamed to post this), except for the find methods (which will correctly exec the named queries).
Hope you will not fire me ☺

wim

P.S. : While being at it, you know what is really annoying? That I can't declare an int as being an @XmlIDREF (need to be a String). Probably there's a good reason for that but I'd like to know what it is. Thanks. Wim