quality@glassfish.java.net

RE: Please review: uptime man page

From: Manfred Riem <mriem_at_manorrock.org>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 18:17:42 -0600

Reviewing uptime man page, please let me know if you need me to put in
an issue in the tracker ;)

Manfred

DESCRIPTION
     The uptime command returns the length of  time  that  Enter-
     prise Server has been running since it was last restarted.
     This command is supported in remote mode only.
** recommend rewording Enterprise Server to Glassfish ;)
** works for me on localhost:4848 without mentioning any host and port,
   So is it remote mode only?
         The following other passwords can also be specified:
             o    AS_ADMIN_MAPPEDPASSWORD
             o    AS_ADMIN_USERPASSWORD
             o    AS_ADMIN_ALIASPASSWORD
** What do each of those passwords mean?
---
   However, only the AS_ADMIN_PASSWORD option is not required.
** Unclear to me what is meant by that passage.
---
     Example 2 Attempting to Run the uptime Command in Local Mode
       prompt% asadmin uptime
       Remote server does not listen for requests on [localhost:4,848].
       Is the server up?
       Command uptime failed.
** See before works for me locally and I think it really should work locally
   anyway ;)
---