quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: V2 or V3? Help with setting please!

From: Kedar Mhaswade <Kedar.Mhaswade_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 10:01:40 -0700

Jerome Dochez wrote:
> should we use a different name for v3 ? we must allow users to use both
> v2 and v3 on the same account.
> maybe the content of the .asadminpass could accommodate both versions ?

It should work the same way in both v2 and v3.
The contents of .asadminpass are unchanged. The problem here is something
else and I will respond to it in detail in a short while.

> somehow related question : how does that work when you have several v3
> installations using different credentials on the same account ?

If you have different credentials for the *same host and admin port*, this
obviously does not work. But that's rare and is accepted as a limitation.

Note that if you have different installations with same admin port but
different credentials, you can't run them simultaneously. So, if you had different
installations, on the same machine, either you have the same credentials (if you
use same admin port) or you have different admin port.

See
https://glassfish.dev.java.net/nonav/javaee5/admin-infra/subprojects/asadminlogin/proposal.html#details