quality@glassfish.java.net

reintroduced support for glassfish runner

From: Jerome Dochez <Jerome.Dochez_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2008 23:22:17 -0700

Hi All

I have re-introduced support for the GlassFish runner. It's basically
the ability to run applications without deploying them, so you just do

java -jar glassfish-10.0-SNAPSHOT MyApp

where MyApp is a directory (works also with archive but it's more
efficient with a directory) containing your application (like a web app
for instance). Your application will be loaded and run but not deployed
so if you find yourself doing often :

asadmin start-domain
deploy MyApp
undeploy MyApp
asadmin stop-domain

you can replace all of that with

java -jar glassfish-10.0-SNAPSHOT.jar MyApp
^C to end...

As usual, it uses the sniffers to find the application type, so you can
run anything this way as long as your sniffer/container is installed
correctly. Let me know if you find issues/problems or ideas with it.

PS : we will be looking at extending its support asadmin start-domain.