quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: how about requests?

From: Judy Tang <Judy.J.Tang_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 01:11:15 -0700

When log an issue, here are the Issue Type and it's definition. So
Feature is for adding new code, Enhancement is an improvement to an
existing feature.

https://glassfish.dev.java.net/scdocs/ddIssues_EnterModify.html#issuetype

Issue Type
    Defect: a problem with an existing feature that is not developed to
    spec or does not work as designed. These are often referred to as
    "bugs."
    Enhancement: an improvement to an existing feature.
    Feature: an addition to the software to add a piece of functionality
    that does not yet exist.
    Task: an activity to be done on behalf or in support of a feature or
    enhancement. Tasks do not typically require direct changes to the
    code base.
    Patch: a special kind of issue: a section of code to be applied or
    attached to existing software. Often, a patch fixes a defect.