quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: Minimum Requirements to Install Glassfish V3

From: Homer Yau <Homer.Yau_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 00:58:06 -0700

Hi Alan,

For GlassFish v3 Technology Preview 2 Application Server Release -
Hardware and Software Requirements here is the link:
http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/820-4494/abpaj?a=view

If your Desktop Computer have CPU AMD Athlon 1.5Ghz 512MB, 80GB HDD I
believe it should be able to install, startup, run test, and deploy app
for GlassFishv3, but not for idea production system.

  But for trying and testing GlassFish v3, it should be fine.

Thanks,
Homer

Alan Vargas wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> Well, I have this question because I want to install my local server
> in a Desktop Computer that I have, but it has a old hardware: AMD
> Athlon XP 1, 15Ghz, 512 MB, 80 GB HD. And now I have Glassfish
> installed in my laptop and I never had problems to deploy applications
> with NetBeans.
>
> So...because of that I want to install Glassfish in another computer
> only for use, test and deploy in Glassfish, but i need to know which
> are the minimum requirements for install it.

This link you provide is for AppServer 9.1 ur2/GlassFish v2ur2