quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: where do I put JDBC drivers on v3?

From: Dick Davies <rasputnik_at_hellooperator.net>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2008 22:32:51 +0100

On Sun, Aug 31, 2008 at 2:00 PM, Sahoo <Sahoo_at_sun.com> wrote:
> V3 is compatible with V2, so you can place it in the same place as V2. I
> recommend domain1/lib (create it if it doesn't exist) instead of
> install_home/lib. No need to create any bug, our documents are not finished
> yet.

I've just tried both of those locations (did have to create
domain1/lib as Kedar mentioned)
 and in fact neither work on GFv3 (b22 promoted build, anyawy).
The only location I can put jars where they'll be loaded is
domains/<domainname>/lib/ext :

$ pwd
/Users/rasputnik/Applications/b22/glassfishv3-prelude
$ find . -name mysql\*jar
./glassfish/lib/mysql-connector-java-5.1.6-bin.jar
$ asadmin ping-connection-pool mysql_pool
remote failure: Ping JDBC Connection Pool for mysql_pool is Failed.

Command ping-connection-pool failed.
$ mv glassfish/lib/mysql-connector-java-5.1.6-bin.jar
glassfish/domains/domain1/lib
$ asadmin stop-domain;asadmin start-domain; asadmin
ping-connection-pool mysql_pool
Waiting for the domain to stop .......
Command stop-domain executed successfully.
Name of the domain started: [domain1] and
its location: [/Users/sisred/Applications/b22/glassfishv3-prelude/glassfish/domains/domain1].
Admin port for the domain: [4848].
remote failure: Ping JDBC Connection Pool for mysql_pool is Failed.

Command ping-connection-pool failed.

$ mv glassfish/domains/domain1/lib/mysql-connector-java-5.1.6-bin.jar
glassfish/domains/domain1/lib/ext
$ asadmin stop-domain;asadmin start-domain; asadmin
ping-connection-pool mysql_pool
Waiting for the domain to stop ...........
Command stop-domain executed successfully.
Name of the domain started: [domain1] and
its location: [/Users/sisred/Applications/b22/glassfishv3-prelude/glassfish/domains/domain1].
Admin port for the domain: [4848].

Command ping-connection-pool executed successfully.
$
--
Rasputnik :: Jack of All Trades - Master of Nuns
http://number9.hellooperator.net/