quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: Installation idea

From: Miroslav Nachev <miro_at_space-comm.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 10:07:59 +0300

Hi,

This is very similar to my email from yesterday where this idea was expanded
to JDK and other products. The idea is common for all kind of products. In
the core you have one Bundle (OSGi or JSR-277) Framework which can be
integrated as bundle also in the JVM. Then through Java Web Start (JNLP) you
start the core GlassFish bundle, etc.
Here is the place for the idea of the Control Units (CU). The core business
of my company ProSyst are Mobile, Embedded and Industrial devices. The CUs
can be provided together with the functional bundle or separate as CU
bundle. In practice using actions and other information mechanisms in CU you
can manage all Bundles local and remotely independently that you are not
familiar with the bundle. The CU describe everything and the monitoring and
management are done through CU. This technique is used for many Mobile
phones, etc. which shows that the traffic and size are not so big.

Regards,
Miro.