persistence@glassfish.java.net

Re: Simple collections

From: Aleksei Valikov <aleksei.valikov_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 15:30:41 +0200

Hi Tom,

Thank you for the answer.

  At the moment, the specification does not have a mapping for simple
> collections. My understanding is that folks working on the next version
> of the specification intend to include this kind of a mapping.

This would be really nice.
Are you in touch with any of the spec editors?
Do you know if custom types are considered for the next version as well?

  The way to access this functionality in current implementations is to
> make use of vendor extensions.

Thank you, I'm aware of the vendor extensions.

I'm the author of Hyperjaxb3, a tool which augments JAXB-generated classes
with JPA annotations thus making them persistable. I'm currently developing
a "pure" JPA version which uses no vendor extensions at all. Therefor I was
asking for a "pure" JPA way to map a simple collection.

Bye.
/lexi