persistence@glassfish.java.net

Re: Netbeans 5.5 Persistance issue with MySQL

From: Pavel Buzek <Pavel.Buzek_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2007 09:35:44 -0800

That's correct. The persistence classes are in EJB module along with the
persistence.xml. But the controller classes which are trying to access
the entity classes are in the WAR. You have to define persistence.xml in
the project where you use it. Either use a session facade and keep the
persistence.xml in EJB module or create a persistence.xml in WAR module.
Note that in the later case you also have to list the jar file of EJB
module in persistence.xml so that the entity manager can find the
classes - it normally only looks in the current module.

hope this helps

-pavel