persistence@glassfish.java.net

Remove persistent object from collection: Best practice

From: Greg Ederer <greg_at_ergonosis.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2006 10:07:42 -0800
Hi,

I have a method that removes a persistent object from a collection based on a property of the object being removed, like so:

  /**
   * Removes all ShoppingCartItems containing this
   * offering
   */
  public void removeItem(Offering offering)
  {
    List<ShoppingCartItem> iList = new ArrayList<ShoppingCartItem>(getItems());
    for(ShoppingCartItem i : iList)
    {
      if(i.getOffering().equals(offering))
      {
        getItems().remove(i);
      }
    }
  }

Is this the best way to do this?

Cheers,

Greg

p.s.: I'm so glad I found this list.  I feel like I've been groping in the dark with JPA.  Thanks for all the help! --G