persistence@glassfish.java.net

Re: Re1: Re1: Code review for: [Issue 1107] Logger defined by a property doesn't work]

From: Marina Vatkina <Marina.Vatkina_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 12:19:31 -0700

Andrei,

The problem that I encountered (described in another thread and buried
somewhere down below) was failing to redeploy or undeploy a persistence
app without running it first (while fixing the logging namespace bug).

The problem was nailed down to the fact that the emf.close() on a loaded
but not executed (i.e. createContainerEMF() was called, but createEM() not)
application, doesn't close the session that was being registered as the time
it's created.

There were (apparently) 2 solutions to the above problem
1. Mine (with Wonseok's fix to avoid getting -1) to always call undeploy.
2. Yours to not register the session until deploy.

I'm trying to understand why we should pick one over the other. ;)

thanks,
-marina