persistence@glassfish.java.net

Re: Re: RESEND [Fwd: EJB/ Toplink Query]

From: Jagadish Prasath Ramu <Jagadish.Ramu_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 17:43:12 +0530

Hi Tom,
Sorry, I have missed your first response.
Now I am part of "persistence" alias.

1) Whether Top-Link caches connections obtained from App. Server's
connection pool ?
2) If yes, is there an option to disable it ?

If it is caching is ON by default, our proposal on con. leak tracing
gets affected.
Conn. pool will wait for a specific period (eg: 60 secs) and if the
connection is not returned, it will report as a potential connection
leak.

Thanks,
-Jagadish