persistence@glassfish.java.net

RE: [Fwd: Re: EAR scope persistence jar and classpath]

From: Mike Keith <michael.keith_at_oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 09:38:53 -0500

Sahoo,

No, what will be in the spec is that persistence archives may be in any directory,
just like Java EE modules. However, we did not get any buyin for the Container
to automatically add it to the application classpath. A persistence archive must
either be added to the application classpath by the deployer, through some Container
specific mechanism, or added to the manifest classpath of the module[s] using it.

-Mike