docs@glassfish.java.net

Re: Please Review: Doc Planning for TP2

From: Paul Davies <Paul-Martin.Davies_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 18:39:26 -0700

Hi Jennifer,

I looked again at the task analysis for JRuby. Most of the tasks seem to
belong in the Administrator's Guide and the Deployment Guide.

Of the developer tasks, very few seem to be in the realm of GlassFish.
They either seem to be generic jRuby tasks (out of scope) or performed
by using NetBeans (should be in the NetBeans documentation).

Please look at the task analysis again and separate out the "out of
scope" tasks (just put them under the heading "Out of Scope Tasks").

For the remaining tasks, please label them according to where they
should be documented.

After you have revised the task analysis, let's look again to see if
there are enough "in scope" tasks without a home to warrant a separate a
separate book.

I'm not sure I can answer your question about NB vs. CLI instructions
because I am not sure where the CLI is coming from. If the CLI is coming
from NB, it should be explained in the NB documentation. If the CLI is
generic to jRuby, it's out of scope. Only if the CLI is part of
GlassFish do we need to document it.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
-Paul