dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: [Review Request][Deployment tests] About GLASSFISH-20894

From: Hong Zhang <hong.hz.zhang_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 09:16:14 -0500

Hi, Jeremy

Thanks for looking into this. I did not realize you meant running EE
tests as it is would fail today. I thought you meant it would fail with
your changes trying to mavenize it. We have a hudson job (unfortunately
it's an internal hudson job so you will not be able to view it) for
running deployment dev tests in cluster mode, and the job status shows
success for the recent builds (the latest run was on yesterday).

I copied the command line that executes this hudson job and you can
simulate it to compare with the difference of your local run:

wget --no-check-certificate -O appserv-tests/config.properties
http://java.net/projects/glassfish/sources/svn/content/trunk/v2/appserv-tests/config.properties
DEPL_TARGET=CLUSTER
export DEPL_TARGET
bash -x appserv-tests/devtests/deployment/hudson.sh

One difference I can think of is the hudson job always start from
scratch, checking out a new appserv-tests workspace and run from there.
And it might do some cleaning after the run. So some of the changes you
submitted (to clean before run) might be good changes to add, but I am
not sure if your other changes (especially client related) are needed
such as providing the glassfish-acc.xml explicitly, I think that should
be the default when none is specified. Make sure you have the latest
changes for the top level appserv-tests config files such as
appserv-tests/config, I think the files there already sets the
glassfish-acc.xml as default.

Thanks,

- Hong