dev@glassfish.java.net

[Ask Monitor] About GLASSFISH-20696

From: lvsongping <lvsongping_at_cn.fujitsu.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 17:11:38 +0800

Hi, Byron:

Cc: monitor team:

[Phenomenon]

    Nowadays, the current situation will disable and enable the monitor in
the server side when the value of target is specified to the instance. I
think it is important to fix this issue, here's some of my option:

1) If any user just want to enable the instance's monitor, however, the
monitor related to the server side will be enabled after we executed the
"asadmin enable-monitoring --target ins1", it will not only confused the
user but also affect the glassfish's performance.

2) If any user have both enable the instance's monitor and DAS's monitor,
but the user just want to disable the instance's monitor, the DAS's monitor
will be disable too after execute the "asadmin disable-monitoring --target
ins1", the user will feel confused about this phenomenon because the DAS's
monitor will be disabled even we specify the target value as instance_name.

I have open the issue to reproduce it:
https://java.net/jira/browse/GLASSFISH-20696

There's another related issue as follows:
https://java.net/jira/browse/GLASSFISH-18651

[ASK]

   I want to know whether it is important to be fixed recently or need to be
fixed in the future?

Regards

Jeremy Lv

Lv Songping

Software Division II

    Development Department I

Nanjing Fujitsu Nanda Software Tech. Co., Ltd.(FNST)

ADDR.: No.6 Wenzhu Road, Software Avenue,

        Nanjing, 210012, China

TEL : +86+25-86630566-8307

COINS: 7998-8307

FAX : +86+25-83317685

MAIL : <mailto:lvsongping_at_cn.fujitsu.com> lvsongping_at_cn.fujitsu.com