dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: About GLASSFISH-18861

From: Hong Zhang <hong.hz.zhang_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 11:00:32 -0400

Hi, Jeremy
    Thanks for looking into the issue. A few comments:
    1. The set command is a generic command and should not contain
anything specific (like context root).
    2. Just checking the context root in domain.xml does not guarantee
it to be unique, as the context roots used in the ear application are
not in the domain.xml. And also the context root just needs to be unique
per virtualserver, so applications could use same context root if the
applications are loaded on different virtual servers. I had actually
discussed with Shingwai on whether we should do pre-validation for
context root, Shingwai mentioned it will be tricky to get this part of
check correct, so the current logic is done in web container when the
application is being loaded where all necessary information are available.

    Probably once Shingwai checks in fix for 18866, this issue will be
mostly fixed too.

    Thanks,

- Hong