dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Running glassfish with upstart

From: Tom Mueller <tom.mueller_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2012 10:07:25 -0600

There are subtle differences between the two.

With asadmin start-domain, the "user.dir" property is always the config
directory of the domain. With java -jar, it is the cwd at the time java
was run.

With asadmin start-domain, you get the JVM flags from the domain.xml,
e.g.: -XX:MaxPermSize=192m, -XX:NewRatio=2, etc.
WIth java -jar, you don't get any of this (except for the -D JVM options
that are in domain.xml).

To see the differences, start the DAS both ways and run jinfo on the
process.

Tom