dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Head's Up: REST-related Annotation Changes

From: Jason Lee <jason.d.lee_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 11:36:25 -0500

On 10/14/11 11:30 AM, Marina Vatkina wrote:
> Jason Lee wrote:
>> On 10/14/11 11:09 AM, Marina Vatkina wrote:
>>> Thanks for the diffs.
>>>
>>> 1. RecoverTransactionsInternal is used only internally and not
>>> exposed to the client.
>> Hmm. That one was in the String[][] in the REST module for some
>> reason, so I added the annotation. If you feel it shouldn't be
>> exposed, we can easily remove it.
>
> It should not. It's a hidden command.
We do have some hidden commands exposed via REST, as they're used by the
Admin Console. They are, by default, if I recall correctly, not listed
in the OPTIONS output to clients, so they only see them listed if they
know/want to ask for them.

> Yeah... In the diffs that I looked at, the ListTimers had
> description="list-timers", MigrateTimers had it nicely
> description="Migrate Timers", while RecoverTransactions was reduced to
> description="Recover" :(
There were several like that, but, for the most part, I just went with
what was in the array. I have no problem changing them, of course, but,
in case it matters, I think this field is primarily used by the HTML
REST interface to make links/buttons that make sense to a human reader.
> Yes, please restore the imports (and add what you needed to add).
Will do.

--
Jason Lee
Senior Member of Technical Staff, Oracle